Saturday, February 12, 2011

Crook Guts

After Sundays recovery walk I haven't done anything since - at first I was in a world of blissful pain and then things just deteriorated from there.

Started to walk up and down stairs without having to bear weight on my arms on Thursday, just in time to get a tummy bug! Bugger! I really wanted to capitalise on the base I've been building and get some good regular running happening.

Today my legs are almost pain free, still just a snitch sore in the shins and calves and I feel my quads just a touch on stairs - my poor old tummy however is a mess. If it doesn't start to clear up by tomorrow I might have to see a quack.

The good news is my weight has dipped well and truly into double digits for the first time since 2008. For the last couple of years I've hovered just over the 100kg mark and had a bit of a roller coaster ride between there and 108kgs. Last Friday before my big day out I was 99kgs - my weight went up after Sunday to 103kgs as I think the shock to my system had me retaining fluid - without doing anything in particular and just eating normally it steadily fell back to 99kgs by Thursday. I'm a bit lighter than that now but it is a bit artificial due to the current churblings and eruptions.

So I've lost about 10kgs since 10 January and more importantly changed shape considerably which I'm pretty happy about - guess I'm just blogging to keep me mentally in the game till I can run again.

All good :)

2 comments:

Ewen said...

10kgs is half a bag of cement. You're doing well.

Lorna Downes said...

and 20 tubs of margarine.

Nice to see you blogging again :)