Thursday, June 08, 2006

2 Priscilla - Drama Queen Of Cape Cab

Today Total: 10k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 45k
Year Total: 1183k

Well I managed to get my back and achilles in good nick for last Sunday but being the drama queen I have seemingly become I promptly rolled right over on my left ankle at about the 8k mark of the NOSH.

It hurt a bit.

End result was some swelling, some pain and a pronounced limp on Monday and Tuesday that had everyone I met offering really helpful comments like "hey you're limping" - Oh really? I hadn't noticed - thanks for pointing it out...... Anyhoo I'm sure they all meant well but it was getting a bit bloody tedious towards the end.

By Wednesday I had ditched the limp but still wasn't quite ready to run but by this afternoon I was out of excuses so headed off around Cape Cabarita and Canada Bay in the dark.

A pretty uneventful run - started to feel a bit tender on the bottom of my heel and arch from about 6k but no real drama. I always like looking at the reflection of lights on the water - reminds me of the times I spent with my Dad as a youngin skipping stones at Rhodes waiting to get a load at the now defunct Allied Feeds Mill - so I spent at least some of the run in my happy place :-)

10k in 58.23 @ av 5.50.

13 comments:

Tesso said...

Ha ha, its like the comments about how much pain you seem to be in after a marathon and you can't walk properly to the tea room to get a cuppa. But they never offer to go and get it for you.

Luv the reminiscing :-)

Ellie80 said...

damn - rolled ankle and you still whooped my ass. you dag - you definitely shouldn't have come back in!! i had no idea! Rest Ice Compression Elevation. etc etc :)

Steve's Stuff said...

I love it, laugh, when people state the obvious.

Wobbly man said...

Happy place indeed 2P. A place to treasure.

Hilda said...

Didn't they say not to run? Is their best suggestion...What do they know??

Rachel said...

Rolled ankles suck. Use some crutches, it makes it more dramatic;)

Katie said...

Time to dust off the old bubble wrap!

miners said...

Mate - some of my best memories are of skipping stones with the old man up the back of Rollands Plains :)

Cirque said...

How's your chin?

Don Juan said...

The Nosh is too easy without nursing a couple of injuries through it ;-).

Hard to imagine people at Rhodes before IKEA

Horrie said...

You really are starting to sound like a drama queen 2p. I hope you are going to be in shape for our little jaunt to Gosford next week.

R2B said...

Yes rolled ankles do suck is that why your limping? Much sypathy really i am just coming back from my own.

I may meet Steve L myself if he comes down to the 'gong for the Kembla Joggers
Half Marathon as promised.

Hope you get 100% soon.

Cheers R2B

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Sexy high heeled feet pics Free trial pair contact lenses free k7 kyocera rave ringtone prince tennis wallpaper search+engine+marketing+service cosmetic consultation natural reno nevada 2001 isuzu rodeo interior free ringtones canada Arena football in atlanta georgia Contact phone Non-standard size mattresses Coffee combo grinder maker back braces for men that look like bras wwii sweater girls Allergy association Taking apart dell laptop Coffee maker with mug