Friday, May 02, 2008

Making Progress

Today Total: 10km
Week Total: 10km
Month Total: 10km
Year Total: 213km

First weekday run for a long time though I did some other training on Monday and Wednesday.

Switched back to carbs late Wednesday night for a net loss of just over 5kgs in 12 days - actually lost over 7kgs but I've taken the balance on in water as my muscles glycogened up. Pretty happy with that - my clothes fit much more comfy and it has kick started me back to a healthier lifestyle. Still got about another 6kgs to lose to get back to an acceptable level of fatness - but no rush - it will happen as consistency of training picks up.

Got out for a very cruisy 10k tonight - conditions were perfect around the forehore and I just concentrated on being economical jogging all the way to finish in just under 72 minutes. At that pace I just felt like I could go forever - noice.

Been doing some mega retail therapy and am over the moon with my new Outdoor Research Zealot Goretex jacket. At 210 grams it is the lightest jacket with hood on the market. I found out purchasing it that wasabe is a colour - go figure! Also picked up 2 pair of brick red Merrell Overdrive trail shoes for $136.00 - life is good :-)

I'm going to do a long bush run/walk thingee up the lake on Sunday and then make my final decision on The North Face 100k for the 17th of May. I'm not really fit enough for it - but hey that has never stopped me doing anything before :-) And you get 30 hours - how hard can that be? Right?

6 comments:

Superflake said...

It's only 3.34k's an hour. How hard can that be?

Ewen said...

Glad you didn't pick the one in wannabe colour ;)

Good 6' pace on that double-figure run. NF sounds hard. Harder than a fast 3k.

Gronk said...

Yeah just do it 2P. How hard is 30 hours? I hope it snows up there to give you an actual challenge !

Lulu said...

Sounds like a walk in the park to me.. I think you should just go for.. after all you have all that nice new gear to play with :)

Tesso said...

I'm with the rest of them, should be a piece of cake for you.

Great work on the weight loss.

running uphill said...

Love your attitude 2P! 3ks an hour doesn't sound too bad (whilst sitting here at computer in dressing gown with coffee).