Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Dunston Dash

Today Total: 6km
Week Total: 13km
Month Total: 54km
Year Total: 257km

When I left home on Sunday night I never intended on going to Adelaide but when a unique opportunity presented itself a detour was in order. The only problem being the people I was going to see couldn't give me a firm time to meet, so I felt a bit rude standing fellow blogger Simlin up when he kindly offered to meet me for a run. Sorry mate.

Anyhoo when I got to my apartment at 10pm there was a message saying they would pick me up at 10.30am - so game on for a run. Headed South out of the CBD till I found a road (possibly the only one in Adelaide) that had slightly less than a hundred sets of traffic lights and turned West down to West Terrace, North to North Terrace (how could anyone get lost in Adelaide :) )

Turning right along the railyards I smiled as I found a short dirt road to run on for a few hundred meters - even in the heart of the city the old Toops can still sniff out a trail :)

Rather pleasant up along the museum and uni and then another couple of rights to make may way back to the apartments - very nice.

7 comments:

Ewen said...

Were you wearing your pink shorts?

Tesso said...

Yeah, Adelaide is kinda square :)

undercover brother said...

not many sleeps now.
enjoy next weekend mate.
look forward to hearing the battle stories.

running uphill said...

Just back from Adelaide myself. Sounds like your run was more scenic than mine (lots of traffic ... well, for a country gal anyway). I think running in the city would be nice in Adelaide.I used to deliver pizzas in the city when I was at uni and it is fairly hard to get lost - you just count the roads.

trailblazer777 said...

Is trail. Is good.

Lulu said...

It's a shame we can't co-ordinate our travels. I'm about to embark on a tour of duty covering Adelaide, Melbourne and Perth. Glad to see you are fully back into some consistent training.

Unknown said...

Hi 2P!