Sunday, May 04, 2008

Dress Rehearsal

Today Total: 31km
Week Total: 41km
Month Total: 41km
Year Total: 244km

31kms of bushy, hilly, muddy trails in 5.03 - I'll have to go a bit slower if I want to survive TNF :)

Undoubtably toted the biggest load I've ever carried on a run/walk thingee - between my pack, bum bag & handheld I had just over 8kgs worth of kit, tucker & water.

That is heavier than I plan to start TNF if I enter - with only 13k to the first checkpoint I won't have to carry much water at all so with a bit of luck it will be a bit easier.

As slow as this morning was - I'm serious - it is too fast - that pace would put me on a 16 hour finish which I can't do - I'd bonk. If I do start the plan is to get to CP2 (49k) in around 10 - 11 hours and then taper from there.

It was a perfect morning out there today - I can't remember a clearer day - lots of happy place time. Beautiful! :-)

4 comments:

Tesso said...

8kgs is a lot to lug around ... lucky you lost all that weight recently :)

Hamburglar said...

Hey 2P. Isn't your long run meant to be no longer than 25% of your weekly mileage ;-)

Good to see you getting out there. Hope you pull up well.

Jen said...

So I guess that means you are doing TNF? Kewl

Ewen said...

Instead of run/walk, the walk/run plan might get you going slow enough.

8kg reminds me of Colac lugging backpacks of concrete around :)