Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Western Sunsets

Yesterday Total: 7km
Week Total: 7km
Month Total: 48km
Year Total: 251km

Flew into Perth on Sunday night to investigate ways of expanding my salt mine empire. I've spent the last 2 days with an absolute gem - L is the guy who came up with the concept of the Champaign & Cognac Brown Stone Diamond promotion (complete with Faberge egg) that rocketed Argyle onto the worldwide diamond scene. Retired now he works for a disabilty organisation over here and is doing some pretty cool stuff.

But I digress - staying at Scarborough overlooking the Indian Ocean I trotted North along th bicycle track for 3.5kms absolutely mesmerised by the exquisitly pink sunset - all along the shore people were just stopping and staring at Mother Nature's awesome display - real 2P happy place stuff. Turned around as night descended and shuffled back to the apartment.

A few more chores to do here in Perth today and then it is off to Adelaide tonight where I'm hoping to explore the upper reaches of the mighty River Torrens tomorrow morning :)

4 comments:

Simlin said...

If you want some company on that run in Radelaide 2P just email me on simonhanlin@bigpond.com.

Tesso said...

Ah, the sun setting over the water. We don't get to see that over here do we.

Ewen said...

I'm tearing up. Just like the beaches of Oregon.

Where are the photos? Don't tell me the dog ate the Olympus?

trailblazer777 said...

Yes Scarbs is a nice spot, I used to mountainbike along there a lot when I lived closer to the beach...