Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Plod Of The Phoenix

Yesterday Total: 4km
Week Total: 4km
Month Total: 4km
Year Total: 261k

Well it has been 2 months since I dusted off my old Nimbus size 9's. I won't go into detail but suffice it to say I have had other priorities. Nothing bad - just an intense time that required 100% focus to make some stuff happen.

Anyway - I'm out of excuses, so there was nothing for it but to take a toddle around the roads that surround Concord Golf Course. It is a bit of an undulating route and with the first 700m being uphill I headed off at a nice gentle pace - it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Thankfully.

I chose to alternately walk and shuffle up the hill on the western side - and then broke into a mild trot for the last 1k to end up with 4k in a smidge over 30 minutes - so no land-speed records being set in Concord - but it's a start :)

9 comments:

Tesso said...

If you are going to have a break from running winter has to be the time to do it :)

Glad you are out of excuses. And glad you are blogging again. Team J, myself included, was getting a tad lazy in that regard. I still am.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the follow up to the Dunstan Dash finally happened...dare I say "Welcome Back"?

Cirque said...

Not a bad start at all, given all the rest that's been happening. Welcome back to blogland.

TA and the Gnome said...

He lives! :-) Welcome back :-)

Gnome

plu said...

HI buddy nice to hear from you again.

Plu

Jen said...

Good to have you back; you've been missed !

Ewen said...

That would have been concrete dust? I hope you were gentle with the Nimbi.

Good to see stuff happening around the golf course :)

running uphill said...

Hello again, glad to hear that running (and blogging) have lured you back again.
RU

trailblazer777 said...

keep on running! (and blogging)