Sunday, April 13, 2008

Covering Ground

Today Total: 23k
Week Total: 27k
Month Total: 38k
Year Total: 131k

Run a bit, walk a bit. Run a bit, walk a bit. Run a bit, walk a bit.... Galloway would be proud.

I had hoped to head up Kanangra way and do the recce for the "Bouncing Off The Walls" section of Hellgate but circumstances had me up at the lake house. So instead I made my way over the hilly trails around Gwandalan and Munmorah.

Beautiful morning up this way - I'd like to say I was in my happy place all the time but I dunno, I just didn't feel like it when I woke up and the first 6k were just plain ugly. Eventually things started to feel better and I got into the groove and started to enjoy myself.

By the time I could see the ocean I had a big smile on my dial and the back half of the trip just seemed to glide by. The walk a bit, run a bit strategy meant it was slow but I finished feeling pretty good in about 3 hours 20 minutes.

Let's see if I can do it for 9 or 10 hours next week?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Is that a trick question? ;-)

Lulu said...

I'm quite fond of the walk a bit run a bit method myself! Although I don't think I'd attempt it for 9 or 10 hours...

Rachel said...

Great effort. Glad you're back in blog land :)

Ewen said...

A gliding second half always makes an ugly first half worthwhile.

The question will be answered in due course ;)

Tesso said...

Covering a lot more ground than you were this time last month.

Keep on going!!!