Thursday, April 26, 2007

Consistency

Today Total: 5k
Week Total: 15k
Month Total: 31k
Year Total: 623k

Well consistency is the key. Sadly I'm notorious for losing my keys ;-)

In an effort to re-create a good habit I forced myself out the door after a miserably hard and long day at work. I'm glad I did. Just a quick lap of the Concord Golf Course - 5k in 27.29 @ 5.29 average. Fairly consistent for the first 4kms then I blasted out a 4.48 for the last k which felt good. Given the lack of training, the illness, and that I am now 4kgs heavier than when I toed the line for Six Foot I'm pleasantly surprised at how much fitness I've retained - guess all those long 3, 4 and 5 hour trail runs over Christmas and earlier this year must have really given me a good base.

As the old saying goes the only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.

8 comments:

miners said...

you can get those key-finder thingys from Tandy pretty cheap nowadays ...

Becky O said...

Glad to hear your picking it up quite easily.

I really think I should have joined you for the HG. It would have been a lot healthier than what I ended getting up to last Saturday !!

Hopefully see you at the next fat ass.

Tesso said...

That's a good PMC training, running after a big day at work.

BTW is all of PMC on bitumen?

Lulu said...

Hope the chest is finally on the mend and you can find your keys most days!

Celeste said...

Success only comes before work in the dictionary eh? Bugger.

Hilda said...

True.

No hard work no success, tell me.

Unknown said...

That's a very funny opening line, 2P! I have a long tag that goes around my neck clipped to my keys(came in some run bag of goodies) but it doesn't look good with all the diamond necklaces, so I don't wear it too often!!

Ewen said...

You'd consistently get to the Explorer's Tree a lot quicker if you'd traded up to a ZX-14. 300kph I've heard, and I don't think it'd notice the extra 1/4 bag of cement.