Thursday, February 09, 2017

Feeling slow, going faster

Walking today: 4.7kms
Cycling today: 25.9kms
Running today: 0kms

Walking Feb MTD: 29.2kms
Cycling Feb MTD: 104.0kms
Running Feb MTD: 0kms

Walking YTD: 182.8kms
Cycling YTD: 169.6kms
Running YTD: 0kms

Yep! Dead-set odd. Felt as though I was going really slowly on the ride to work this morning, but it was actually my quickest time yet.

Did a 4.7km walk at lunchtime to loosen the legs a bit. It was also a chance to try out my new Shimano MT3 shoes to see what they are like to walk in - love 'em, so comfy, you wouldn't know they are bike shoes. Also tried out my new JetBlack Svelto photochromic sunnies that came in the mail today too. They are nice and light, very comfortable to wear and work a treat - very happy with them.

Legs are feeling a bit fatigued with the back to back commutes, it will be interesting to see how they go this afternoon on the way home.

Postscript: the ride home wasn't too bad. A bit slower than yesterday, but the legs held up ok. Was a tad warm though.

Also had a heart flutter on the first downhill on Lillyfield Road when my 'Ass Saver' mudguard slipped and got jammed in against the rear wheel - I had no idea what it was till after I stopped. Needless to say, it now lives in the pack till needed.

No comments: