Sunday, October 18, 2009

Heaven & Hell

Well can't say it hasn't been interesting....

Pulled up pretty shin sore from my little excursion the other day so running again on Tuesday wasn't an option. My aponea was also worsening and with very little sleep I fell over with yet another man-flu - the green, gooey, chesty kind!

Wednesday we headed up to Coffs Harbour for a mini-break. I had mine inside the apartment staring at the ceiling Mrs 2P had a lovely time - I did manage a couple of walks but they left me exhausted.

Finally got on top of the aponea on Friday night - I still have disturbed sleep but for the last 2 nights I've managed 2 & 3 hour stretches between waking (as opposed to 2 or 3 mins). Used a combination of showering and using Fess (to clear the sinus) combined with a herbal (peppermint oil based thingee) and a nose strip. Not sure which bit is making the difference but I don't really care as long as it something works.

Feeling brighter today, just in time to fly back to Sydney :)

Hope to run again through the week.

All good :)

4 comments:

Ewen said...

The smog of the big smoke will keep the sinuses clear ;)

TA and the Gnome said...

Geez 2P. Not much fun at the moment. Still, you've been around long enough to know that it'll all come back. Just add the magic ingredient - time. :-)

Hope you survive the snoring, i.e. I hope Mrs doesn't kill you! :-)

Gnome

Cirque said...

Glad to hear you've found something that helps 2P!

Spud said...

Bugger, not good 2P, hope it gets sorted soonish and you can make that long awaited comeback in earnest. Look after yourself mate.