Thursday, April 23, 2009

Strapping On The Ugly Shoes

Today Total: 4k
Week Total:4k
Month Total:4k
Year Total:9k

Woooohooooo I ran!!!

Got home tonight and was finally motivated to run, so I pulled out my bronze coloured Nimbus (fair dinks they are right up there in the ugly shoe stakes) and took off for a circuit around the streets surrounding Concord Golf Course.

I did the standard "getting back into it" walk/run thingee and finished up with 4k in 31mins 44 secs which is sub 8 min pace - lol good ultra pace for me :) Actually I was pretty happy with it considering this route takes in a couple of moderate hills.

Let's see if I can keep it going! Happy Daze :)

7 comments:

Jen said...

Great news; glad to hear that you are getting back into it again :-)

PS Don't suppose you are interested in walking 50k in 10 hours in 1 weeks time, are you? ;-)

Gronk said...

Hey buddy !

Clairie said...

Well done 2P!!!! Keep it going...one day...one run at a time.

beki said...

Good work! Now if only I could catch some of your motivation...maybe we could get an online challenge happening because I just can't seem to get interested right now :(

Ewen said...

Good to see you back 2P. Missed you at 6'.

Cirque said...

Good to hear 2P!

Stephen Lacey said...

You realize the quick flurry of comments means that many people have got you pegged on Bloglines or similar. I for one was happy to see the "2P's Running Blog" line turned to bold. So the numbers are nothing to crow about, but they are better than 0, 0, 0, 0 ... looking forward to following the onward and upward path from here.