Monday, April 27, 2009

Setting The Spinnaker

Today Total: 12kms
Week Total:16kms
Month Total:16kms
Year Total:21kms

I have a few days off work before flying out to Tassie Wednesday arvo so it was time to apply the 300% rule :)

With the stiff Westerly blowing I decided to give the foreshore track around Concord Hospital a whirl as I knew the bush would offer some protection and the run home would put the Westerly at my back - no point being silly about this!

I headed off with a rough goal of keeping all my km splits under 8 minutes - frankly even I thought this was a bit ambitious given how little exercise I've done over the last 18 months and how fat I now am - but hey what the heck - running distance is as much about training your brain as your body.

If I was going to do this discipline was going to be needed at the start and at the end. At the start to walk early (took my first walk at just 250m to ram the lesson home) and at the end to race against the clock.

Well simply put - it was magic! The foreshore trail was stunning as always - I luvs me trails even if they are urban ones.

The first crux on this run is going over Rhodes Station on the way to Bicentennial Park to start the back half of the run. The second crux is going over the railway line at North Strathfield on the run home. Both challenged me a bit and I dipped over the 8 minute mark for the respective splits but I had enough time banked that it didn't matter.

As expected the Westerly was right behind me for the last k and a half - so I just set the spinnaker and cruised home - loverly :)

Official. Stats from Garmy - 12k in 1.34.31 av 7.53.

Tis a well satisfied 2P.

PS for any guitar playing blogger/runners out there I've started a new blog on guitar - you can find it by clicking on my profile. The first post entitled 'The Tale Of Bootstrap' depicts my journey thus far. The subsequent posts are a bit technical so won't be of any interest to non-playing folk. Happy Days :)

3 comments:

beki said...

Hey!!! If you're at Rhodes you could come and join me on a shuffle! I work at Rhodes :)

I was feeling inspired by your efforts and got out for a shuffle last night. Didn't really want to but felt good afterwards and even feel vaguely keen to get out again now!

Anonymous said...

You apperceive abounding about purses and louis vuitton mens wallet
to apperceive if you acquire somehow or accession gotten a ascendancy of an ancient discount louis vuitton bags
, even the activation accoutrements or those replica louis vuitton handbags
. 6

Unknown said...

Coach Outlet are the most sought after handbag. Since Coach Luggage is one of the most recognized name brands in the world of fashion, you will find A-list celebrities down to small girls wearing Coach Madison . Coach Gallery offers many other items besides the handbag.


Every design of Ed Hardy clothing is considered to be a masterpiece for every person who buy them. What makes ED Hardy Shoes different from the rest is the tattoo inspired design which became everybody's favorite. hardy shirts has become a constant hit that other designers keep on copying and replicating his design but they will never compare to the original ones. ED Hardy Shoes has been a tattoo artist for so many years. He is simply unstoppable when it comes to being creative in various ways.