Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Today Total: 12k
Week Total: 20k
Month Total: 28k
Year Total: 93k

Well happy, happy, joy, joy, and not just because I got through 12k today - but because my beloved foreshore trail has been re-opened. I'm not sure how long it has been open again because I haven't been down there since mid last year but frabjuous day calloo callay he chortled in his joy.

It isn't quite like it used to be as the new buildings in the back of Concord Hospital don't have the same character as the WWII vintage ones they replaced but at least they didn't take out the rough hewn sandstone stairs and little cliff face that was a real landmark for those of us who used to frequent there.

If I am any chance at all of doing Hellgate in 3 weeks time I really need to get some time on feet happening so I set off today with the goal of covering 12k in a run/walk in under 8 min k's.

Finished bang on 1 hour 30 mins which is about a 7.40 av so I'm pretty content with that.

Distance never scares me - for me it is more an equation of available time and fuel - unless something physically breaks you just keep moving and eventually you get to where you are headed. Just have to see how I go from here.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hellgate, PMC, 12 Foot sound like a good combo for 2008 :-)

Anonymous said...

ATTABOY

Ewen said...

So "Dunno" is Hellgate Gorge! That'll be a day and a half (well, I hope not literally).

Good to see you enjoying the re-opening of your trail - sounds like a course I'd like to run some time.

Have a good week mate - stay happy :)

Tesso said...

Yay! Good to see you getting back into it. So, how far is Hellgate? I suppose I could always look it up ...

running uphill said...

Sounds like you now have a good incentive to get out there. I like your theory on distance - will bear it in mind when necessary.

Bennyr said...

I went through the Foreshore trail a couple of weeks ago - I thought you'd be delighted!

In fact, it was actually the first time I had run the entire 30K loop you've got pictured on your website (adapted to my start point in Sunny Silverwater) - it's a magic run. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Ben