Monday, March 24, 2008

Four More With Some Old Friends

Today Total: 4k
Week Total: 4k
Month Total: 12k
Year Total: 77k

I dug around in my cupboard this morning till I uncovered my old Landreths that I wore when I did the twelve hour back in '06 that I save for special occasions - If running two days in a row isn't special for me these days then I don't know what is :-)

They carried me for a smidge over 94k that night and I guess I used that as motivation to get out the door. You can't live on past glories, you're only as good as your last run and my last run (yesterday) was about as glorious as a three-legged labrador running on a forty degree day.

You can't live on past glories, but you can use them for motivation - another four done.

6 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

OK Scott - Every four more is four more. Now, bung that up on your whiteboard and let's see a few more 'four more' posts.

Looking forward to seeing you around the traps again. Hey, how about the CR5k next weekend? Breakfast is even better than past glories at getting me out the door. Does it work for you? :-) :-)

Gnome

Anonymous said...

come on now, you know you can do better than that, I will keep you company on the 19th just so long as you show up and run it. all together now, WHATS NEXT IS HELLGATE, GET READY!

Tesso said...

That was a great run you had in the 12 houry. I'm sure you can get back there. And then get better. Just have to chip away ...

Jen said...

Nice work my friend! Good to have you back running & blogging again!

Anonymous said...

I expect to see another 5 soon. Keep it up 2P.

Ewen said...

In 49 weeks it'll be "another 45 done". Keep chipping away mate.