Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Grand Run

Today Total: 6k
Week Total: 6k
Month Total: 35k
Year Total:
35k

I was still a bit sore today after last Saturday's silliness - until yesterday I've been treating stairs like they were a ladder ie use the handrail on the way up and head out bum first on the way down.

So today a bit pressed for time after visiting the Halfpenny in Bathurst I decided to visit my favourite 6k on the planet on the way home - the Grand Canyon out from Blackheath. It is simply gorgeous.

Lots of water about but that's just the way I like it - my only grumble is that the commercial operators have put stainless steel bolts and chains into the abseil point for the canyon proper for their own version of environmental terrorism for profit - I guess it is no worse than the NPWS putting up handrails all over the shop but it just galls me - I mean if you can't rig a pitch without aid then you shouldn't be there. OK I'll stop whinging now.

Anyhoo the leggies were a bit stiff to start off with but soon loosened up - I finished the distance in 1:14:40 - when I'm fit I normally run mid 50's so a bit of work to do yet but at least I'm on the right track :)

Plus you gotta love that view of the Gross Valley when you reach Evans Lookout - poifikt!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oooh, that sounds like fun. I still haven't done that one yet. Must get my butt into gear.

Good to have you back blogging again!

Ewen said...

I'm looking forward taking in those valley and mountain views six weeks from now :)

Tesso said...

After falling down stairs last year I must admit I've become a fan of handrails :-)

I agree with Jen, so good to have you back.

Anonymous said...

Aloha i am fresh to this. I came accross this chat board I find It exceedingly accessible and it has helped me out so much. I hope to give something back & help others like it has helped me.

Thanks a load, See Ya Later.

Anonymous said...

Heya im fresh here. I came accross this website I find It positively useful and it has helped me out a lot. I hope to contribute & guide others like its helped me.

Cheers, See You Later