Monday, February 04, 2008

Megalong Mega (Mini Version)

Yesterday Total: 24k
Last Week Total: 24k
Month Total: 59k
Year Total: 59k

The lure of my mistress dragged me out again this morning......

And so it was that I found myself plodding down to the Coxs River behind 140 or so happy punters out to do the Megalong Mega Fat Ass run by Kevin Tiller. The exception being I knew I was not going to do the full monty.

Recent hydration therapy has given my mistress a real make over and she is looking better than ever and she had me hot to trot - well trot and walk - I crossed the river in about an hour flat and then walked my way to the top of Mini Mini Saddle where the 20k/25k sign is in an hour and 4 minutes to give me an out time of 2.04 (including a break to refill the water bottle and have a feed at the river).

Running back down the hill to the river as always was a hoot though for me I was very conservative taking a smidge under 40 minutes and then it was the long grind home back up the single trail to Megalong Road. Actually I was pretty happy with this bit as I was able to run the downs and flats and I walked all the ups without a break except for one stop at the little stream at the limestone outcrop in halfway up the stairs to refill my bottle. Made it back to the start in 4.14 feeling good which I was very happy with.

Not fast enough to do Six Foot in 7 hours yet but I'm certain I could go the distance.

It was great catching up with so many mates and making a few new ones. Oh ye band of brothers (and sisters) "thanks for that Reg" <----- sorry obtuse Python quote.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you again mate - even if you did try and sneak in late to avoid talking to anyone :)

Tesso said...

At least you should be 'fresh' for 6ft :) Don't write off the 7hrs just yet!

Ewen said...

Slightly more obtuse than "It's just a flesh wound".

That's good mate. I'm jealous. Glad the mistress is looking good. I want the river to be a 50m swim leg this year :)

Anonymous said...

Lookout, he's back.

Jen said...

Oh man, I do miss your mistress. She's a lovely, though somewhat demanding, creature. A bit more TLC & you'll be back in her good books once more :-)

Superflake said...

A good run mate. Great to have you back out on the track answering the call of the fatass, along with a hundred other galahs!

running uphill said...

Have been missing your reports on these runs. If the river is anything like the ones around here at the moment you might need to pack goggles.

BlueBel said...

it was great seeing you out there.
Well done.You are on your way back!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you were and did not find out til I looked at the photos. welcome back!

Unknown said...

Lookin'good, 2P!