Saturday, October 13, 2007

Akaroa

Well after one of those flights/airport experiences where everything that can go wrong does and you finally get into a hire car 3 hours later than planned Mrs 2P and I made our way from Christchurch to Akaroa yesterday.

No running today but we spent about 3 hours walking and exploring so that accounts for something I suppose.

In terms of the blahs I seem to have some kind of breathing disorder - I dunno??? I've never been a smoker or asthmatic etc but I constantly find myself wheezing even after walking up a short hill - looks like a trip to the quacks when I get home.

I also boo booed big time terrifying Mrs 2P this arvo - switching to the car we drove up a hill to explore (a NZ hill you understand) the road was dirt and narrow and VERY steep with massive drop offs over the edge and a bit short of the summit Mrs 2P had had enough burst into tears and demanded I stop and let her out.

No manner of persuasion would get her back in the car so I slowly drove behind her as she walked the 4k back down - go figure!

Anyhoo I felt pretty bad that I had inadvertantly terrorised her in such a way - I certainly didn't mean to.

Heading South tomorrow.

12 comments:

Jen said...

So I guess she won't be in the car the next time you decide its a good idea to drive up Insult Hill ;-)

Glad to hear that you have made it safely - keep the reports coming!

Samurai Running said...

Never mind mate,

as far as boo booing goes you are just not in my league.

My missus calls me something in Japanese which is the rough equivelent of "Maestro of the fuck up"!

Looking forward to more reports from NZ.

Ewen said...

That's a mean way to get her to do a 4k walk. If you drive like I've heard you run the last bit down to the Caves, I'd be jumping out too.

Could be 'adult onset asthma', or an allergy to some particular pollen that 's about at the moment. Worth getting checked.

Tesso said...

Maybe you're allergic to sheep.

running uphill said...

I'd definitely get the breathing thing worked out.

The most terrified I've been in a car was when we left the Territory (no hills) and moved to NSW - coming down the Dorrigo Mountain towing a one tonne trailer! I can relate to that.

Celeste said...

I'd probably burst into tears too! Want to explore steep hills - why not run up them?

undercover brother said...

walking is better trail/ultra training than running anyway.

if u dont mind i might share your driving story with TOH - i did the same to her a few years back in NZ.
she didnt get out but made me do a 12 point turn on a dangerous bend then i was really scared!!

undercover brother said...

addit: quack!

Lulu said...

Hope you get your breathing sorted out! I've some sympathy for Mrs 2P as those sort of roads are not my favourites either! Good thing you didn't lose control of the car and run her over on the way down :)

Hope you're having a good time and take care.

Unknown said...

2P, I never would have taken you for such a 'terrorist'!! It all sounds like a scene from a funny movie! Poor Mrs 2P...give her my sympathy....but I'm sure the walk did her the world of good just the same!

Thank you so much for your comments & support after Melbourne marathon...you cheered me up!

Hope the breathing'thing' doesn't become a problem, so get it looked into when you return to Sydney....or I'll be very cross with you!

miners said...

I'll let the car story pass - but I certainly hope things get better with that breathing thing soon. Hopefully it's nothing more remarkable than a little bug picked up at the airport or during the flight?

miners said...

btw - so I'm safe to assume we don't have to start the 6FT training just yet?