Sunday, April 24, 2011

10mg Pain Barrier Take III

And Action!

Yet again I'm trying to adjust to just 10mgs of Prednisone!

My week back at 15mgs was a comparatively blissful time. A week at 12.5mgs was telling. Now I'm back to 10mgs.

It hurts.

I'll stick with it for a couple of more days, but if my back, knees, ankles and feet don't start to adjust, I'm going back up - I can't see any point in reaching for the analgesics. My back hasn't really been a problem since I got out of hospital, so it is mildly annoying that it has resurfaced.

The good news is that whilst my hands are still sore, I have full range of movement back in my left hand and fingers and almost full range in my right, so I've been able to play guitar again. Not quite back to the standard I was at, but learning two Clapton songs, Layla and Tears in Heaven which are relatively difficult has brightened my spirits no end. I'm not completely useless :)

I look forward to the day I can take a long walk or maybe even a little run.

All good :)

3 comments:

Ewen said...

You're headed in the right direction 2P. Won't be long before you're the Jimi Hendrix version of Hey Joe.

Anonymous said...

Keep chipping away at it buddy.

Gronk

Sweet Lily said...

Wonderful! Fantastic!
Keep it up, we all are always here to support you.