Saturday, March 12, 2011

Out and About

Took the walking frame for a spin around the block today - about 400m all up. It went ok albeit slow and I was pretty glad to get home. There is a bit of indignity associated with using the frame but I was really keen to get outside for a while and get moving. Now that I'm out of hospital there are thankfully no more Heparin x 2 injections per day so going for a walk is my best defense against clots forming.

I also started weaning off the narcs and have only had one Panadeine Forte today (of course I'm still using the Oxycontin). I'd be lying if I said I couldn't notice any difference, but the truth is bits I haven't felt for days feel sore again, but it is all manageable and my head is a little clearer as a consequence. Just have to see how I go tonight.

In other news, Mrs 2P was rushed off to hospital yesterday morning - believe that? She is home now and the medicos suspect kidney stones - she is on Maxalon for the vomiting and nausea and we are officially now a "Double Endone" family as that's what she is on for the pain. She has rested quietly most of today and anyone who knows Mrs 2P would understand just how sick she must be, because the last time I saw her lie down during the day was after a major surgery about 10 years ago!

It's been a funny old few weeks that's for sure.

All good :)

3 comments:

TA and the Gnome said...

Scott, I can understand you writing "All good" at the bottom of your post, but geez you lot have been hitting some turbulence lately. Hope it all settles down a bit sooner rather than later.

Bruce

p.s. be interesting to be a fly on the wall when you two are fighting it out for the last Endone late one evening... :-)

Anonymous said...

haha Bruce you have a sick sense of humour!

Hope Mrs 2P is doing ok.

I guess using the walker would give you a new appreciation for what the elderly experience? Practising now for when you are Eleventy-one?

Anonymous said...

FMD mate. Sending all my spare positive vibes in your direction. Gronk