Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Better Than I Thought

Turns out I was short-changing myself - took Garmy with me and that 400m is actually 800m, so I'm going twice as far and twice as fast than I first thought!

Today's trip was 20.31 - a minute slower than yesterday, but a couple of minutes quicker than the day before. But hey, I'm out and about and mobile, so I'll take it.

Pretty much off the Oxycontin now - though I took 5mg around midday as I had another funeral to attend this afternoon - no one close, but since I'm off work anyway, it was no chore to go and provide some support to a dear family friend who lost their Mum earlier in the week.

The fun starts tomorrow as I begin to wean the Prednisone. At current levels the pain is manageable with a Panadeine Forte every now and then - I'm just hoping it will remain so as the Prednisone comes down - it is a pretty gentle plan with 3 weeks to run from now till I'm down to zero. During the same period the Sulfasalazine goes up ultimately to 1g morning and another 1g night and the 1g of Naproxyn stays constant - so if some of you will please cross your fingers for me (I still can't for myself) it should all be Jake!

Plan is still to return to work 21/3 for at least a few hours per day.

All good :)

1 comment:

Ewen said...

That's progress 2P. Glad there are no grams of concrete in the mix. Hope Mrs 2P is doing equally well.