Monday, June 15, 2009

Windy City

Today Total: 8kms
Week Total: 8kms
Month Total: 8kms
Year Total: 90kms

Legs were pretty much written off for last week and I felt pretty washed out after the previous weekends exertions but feeling pretty good now.

Arrived in Wellington (NZ) mid afternoon and immediately headed out to explore.

Ran out along the harbour but my left calf started to pull a bit - I foolishly stated on CR yesterday that I was a "former" calf pain sufferer - how freakin stoopid was that???

Anyhoo the wind was giving me gyp so when I saw a path that headed up hill I took it - well it went up alright - straight up all the way to the top of Mt Victoria for stunning 360 degree views. Garmy put it at 200m ASL so a resonable climb.

Headed back down by a less steep forest path which was a bit muddy in spots but an absolute delight till I found suburbia again and then trotted back to the hotel and into an icy cold Wellington bath.

All up 8k in 1.06.26 @ 8.18av - pretty happy with that vonsidering the steep climb.

Now to see how the calf pulls up.

All good :)

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Trust you and Garmy to find the biggest hill in the way of a nice flat run.

Point the calf at all the green grass over there and it should be happy.