Thursday, December 20, 2007

Again, Again

Today Total: 5k
Week Total: 10k
Month Total: 10k
Year Total: TBA

Telly Tubby Trudges Around Town.

Well another 5k and a bit of a pleasant surprise as I pretty much joggled all the way except for 2 short walks up the 400m hill behind Concord Golf Course.

Finished in 34.05 @ 6.50 av - lol that is 5.34 quicker than Tuesday - if only all our gains could be that big.

I'll need to be careful though as I'm a little shin sore - not surprising given the tonnage I'm hauling at the moment.

Oh yeah - in my last post I forgot to say thanks to all those folks (including a surprising number of blog lurkers) who either emailed, PM'd or posted enquiries after my whereabouts. Every one of those contacts contributed to me finally getting my fat arse out on the pavement - so thank you very much team it is deeply appreciated.

Onwards & Upwards :)

7 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Nice to have you back, it's been a while. Like you, I'm also dealing with 5 km runs, trying to get back to some form of decent fitness.

Ewen said...

That's good practise for the 2 short walks up to the Pluviometer.

Try and stick to the grass mate - we don't want any cracks appearing (in either the footpath or your shins).

Superflake said...

Good to see you ran again. Now I need the chat down Nellies next year again so keep it up mate.

blues buffett said...

Hey you're up and about - that's a GOOD thing!

Have a very Happy Christmas; look forward to learning your 2008 goals.

Are you on Facebook?

Ellie80 said...

Hehe - there is quite a number of us in the 30min/5k brigade at the moment. However, I have no doubt you will be off on your epic running adventures soon, while I will be gently plodding through 35 mins... then 40 mins... :)

Merry christmas 2p!

Horrie said...

Does this latest comeback mean you are going to be at Explorer's Tree on March 8?

running uphill said...

Stick at it 2P. Take it easy and enjoy yourself.

Liked that tellytubby image. Which one are you?