Thursday, November 01, 2007

Pinch & A Punch

And a really nasty Chinese burn too - not because it is the first of the month but because I've been such a lazy bastard.

Yes life has been hectic but that is no excuse. When I'm motivated I can move heaven and earth to fit in a training session no matter how busy I am. Fact is I'm not motivated.

This is a bit weird for me because I've always been a fairly consistent trainer (if not runner) whether I have a goal or not - just staying healthy and the feeling and stink of dripping sweat(sorry ladies I'm taken) was all I needed. But I haven't been doing anything lately, no running, no kung fu - I even contemplated driving the car 5m to the end of the driveway to get the mail out of the box the other day. - ok that bit is an exaggeration but you get the point.

Maybe it's a mid-life thing (hmmm does that mean I live to be 86?). I dunno.

Anyhoo working on the concept of even the longest journey can start with the smallest step I did some core strength work last night. Some push-ups, crunchers, reverse leg raises, quad lunges, calf raisers and hamstring drops. Then went for a 5 minute run just to shake everything out and followed it up with some stretching.

Twee bit sore this morning so it will be interesting to see if I get any DOMS as the day goes on.

14 comments:

undercover brother said...

rabbits!!

self motivation is overrated.
what u need is other people emailing u telling u how slack you are.
i think i might start right now :)

Spud said...

Me thinks you need to start thinking 6FT Scott, there's motivation. And then there's Hellgate and a bunch of other really cool trail runs in the mountains next year.

Stephen Lacey said...

I'd like you to take me up to have a look at six foot one day either side of New Years .. and I don't want to be having to carry you out on my back, so come on, get cracking.

Hows that wheezy thing going?

Hamburglar said...

2P - you seem to train well from Nov to Apr based on your k log i.e. over 200k's per month.

So, looks like it's time to get going!

Ewen said...

I want to be there too. Me and Stephen hauling you 7k out with the fireman's chair is not part of the plan.

Mate, I would have thought the mistress would have been motivation enough. You need to be in good shape for her, well before March 8!

blues buffett said...

A Hit and a Kick for being so Quick...

I like the whole mid-life bit if it means I hit 98. I may as well then try for the Telegram.

Hope you feel more motivated soon. At least some of your fingers got exercise blogging...

Spark Driver said...

I hear what you are saying 2p. I need the motivation to keep me going to.

Pinch and a punch for the first day of Movember!

TA and the Gnome said...

There's no sin in resting during a 'winter' season; the key is knowing when spring is in the air. I'd say that the core work was the first small buds of spring, and training will burst into full bloom soon enough. Take it easy, and enjoy the run up to march.

Gnome

Samurai Running said...

That's the best idea to just keep at it and sooner or later you will get your Mojo back 2P.

Jen said...

Pull your finger out ;-)

running uphill said...

Hey 2P I always read your blog for motivation! Try reading blogs and just force yourself to get out there.

Tesso said...

I know how you feel re the motivation, its hard to maintain. I honestly don't have a lot of it. But I'm lucky that all the people I like to hang out with do. And as most of them are runners I have no choice but to run.

Lulu said...

Out you go you naughty boy and start that 6 ft campaign. We'll be up at Hardy's Bay the weekend after next if you're going up in that direction you can go for a run with Steve, that will get the legs moving :)

Simlin said...

I am glad I am not the only one struggling at the moment.